Co-chair Needed for the Quantum-Safe Security Working Group
The Cloud Security Alliance's Quantum-Safe Security Working Group is seeking a new co-chair to lead the working groups initiatives on cryptographic methods that will remain safe after the widespread availability of the quantum computer. These volunteer positions will have a one-year term commitment at minimum. The co-chair works in collaboration with the CSA Research Team and work group volunteers. The work group co-chair positions include the following duties which are shared and typically alternated between co-chairs:
- Lead the research team that defines the vision of the working group
- Plan out the roadmap for deliverables related to the working group
- Develop and maintain the working group research portfolio
- Represent CSA as the SME in the areas related to quantum-safe security
- Establish liaisons with other organizations to coordinate the development of standards
- Help government bodies to accelerate the adoption of best practices
- Assist with work group administrative duties (i.e. running working group calls, promoting involvement of wg members, etc)
- Assist with organizing events, deliverables, and initiatives
- Other duties should be defined by the reconstituted working group
Being a co-chair of the work group presents great opportunities such as networking and interacting closely with volunteers representing some of the top minds in information security and cloud computing. If you have questions or are interested in becoming the co-chair for the Quantum-Safe Security Working Group, or if you would like to nominate someone for the position, please email Hillary Baron at [email protected].
About Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.
For press inquiries, email Zenobia Godschalk of ZAG Communications or reach her by phone at 650.269.8315.