CSA’s Big Data Working Group seeking new Co-chairs to develop and maintain Research Portfolio
The Cloud Security Alliance’s Big Data Working Group is seeking new co-chairs to develop and maintain a research portfolio providing capabilities to lead the crystallization of best practices for security and privacy in big data, help industry and government on adoption of best practices, establish liaisons with other organizations in order to coordinate the development of big data security and privacy standards, and accelerate the adoption of novel research aimed to address security and privacy issues. These volunteer positions will have a one-year term commitment at minimum. The co-chair works in collaboration with the CSA Research Team and work group volunteers. The work group co-chair positions include the following duties which are shared and typically alternated between co-chairs:
- Lead the research team that defines the vision and concept of the Big Data Working Group
- Plan out the roadmap for deliverables related to the Working Group
- Represent CSA as the SME in the areas of data-centric security and related privacy issues
- Assist with work group administrative duties (i.e. Running Working Group Calls, Promoting Involvement of WG Members, etc)
- Assist with organizing events, deliverables, and initiatives related to the Big Data working group
- Other duties should be defined by the reconstituted working group.
The co-chair positions for this work group will be a rotating position. Being a co-chair of the work group presents great opportunities such as networking and interacting closely with volunteers representing some of the top minds in information security and cloud computing. If you have questions or are interested in becoming the co-chair for the Big Data Working Group, or if you would like to nominate someone for the position, please please email Frank Guanco.
Share this content on your favorite social network today!