Too Many Employees Ignore BYOD Security
Blog Article Published: 06/02/2014
By Nina Seth, Accellion Considering the risks that BYOD mobile activity can pose to enterprises, CIOs have a right to be dismayed by two recent surveys showing just how little some employees care about protecting data on mobile devices. A recent survey by Centrify found that:
- 43% have accessed sensitive corporate data on an unsecured public network.
- 15% have had their personal account or password compromised.
- 15% believe they have little or no responsibility to protect the data stored on their personal devices.
- 25% of employees in industries such as banking, energy, healthcare, and retail feel that it’s not their problem if they accidentally leak confidential data.
- About 33% of employees who had lost their phones did not change their habits afterwards.
- 59% of employees estimated the value of the corporate data on their phones to be less than $500.
Share this content on your favorite social network today!