Fall 2015 Netskope Cloud Report: Healthcare and Life Sciences Have the Most Violations
Blog Article Published: 10/06/2015
By Krishna Narayanaswamy, Co-founder and Chief Scientist, Netskope Today we released our Cloud Report for Fall 2015 – global as well as and Europe, Middle East and Africa versions. Each quarter we report on aggregated, anonymized findings such as top used apps, top activities, and top policy violations from across our customers using the Netskope Active Platform. This season we focus primarily on app usage and data policy violations by industry grouping as well as activities in cloud apps. Plus, we distill that information down into a few “quick wins” for IT. Here’s an overview: Industry App Usage For the first time, this report breaks down trends by industry group, focusing on five key groupings with similar usage characteristics. They are:
- Healthcare and life sciences;
- Financial services, banking, and insurance;
- Retail, restaurants, and hospitality;
- Manufacturing; and
- Technology and IT services
- Discover and secure sensitive content both at rest in and en route to your cloud apps. Focus on most common DLP violations that carry penalties and can result in negative press, including PHI, PII, and PCI.
- In defining cloud app policies, consider not just popular Cloud Storage, Social, and Webmail apps, but also focus on business-critical apps like HR, Finance/Accounting, and Business Intelligence.
- Go beyond coarse-grained “allow” or “block” decisions on cloud apps, and enforce contextual policies on risky activities such as “download” (e.g., to mobile), “share” (e.g., outside of the company), or “delete” (e.g., if you’re not in the enterprise directory group “HR Directors”).
Share this content on your favorite social network today!