3-2-1, Takeoff. The STARWatch Cloud Security Management Application Has Launched
Blog Article Published: 02/13/2017
By Daniele Catteddu, Chief Technology Officer, Cloud Security Alliance Compliance, assurance and vendor management are becoming more and more complex and resource-intensive issues, so we created STARWatch, a Software as a Service (SaaS) application designed to provide organizations a centralized way to manage and maintain the integrity of the vendor review and assessment process. Today, we’re excited to announce its official launch. Even more exciting is that we are emerging from Beta with more than 250 active licenses activated. STARWatch delivers the content of the CSA’s de facto standards Cloud Control Matrix (CCM) and CSA’s Consensus Assessments Initiative Questionnaire v3.0.1 (CAIQ) in a database format, enabling users to manage compliance of cloud services with CSA best practices. It was designed to provide cloud users, providers, auditors and security providers with assurance and compliance on-demand. Additionally, it provides users the ability to:
- manage all cloud service providers and their own private clouds to assure a consistent security baseline is maintained;
- build and maintain a CSA Security Trust and Assurance Registry (STAR) entry and provide customers with rapid responses to their compliance questions;
- perform audits and assessments of cloud services/provider security;
- have a clear reference between CCM controls and the corresponding controls in other industry standards;
- leverage the STARWatch solution database format and technical specifications for integration within an organization’s cloud environment; and
- enabling sharing and peer reviewing of cloud services security assessments.
Share this content on your favorite social network today!