2nd Cloud Security Alliance Asia Pacific Chief Information Security Officer Summit 2013 Call for Presentations
Proposal Submission Deadline: 26 July 2013
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is pleased to announce this call for speakers to present at the prestigious 2nd Cloud Security Alliance Asia Pacific Chief Information Security Officer Summit 2013 (here forth referred as “CSA APAC CISO Summit 2013”), held in The Venetian, Macau, from 19th to 22th November 2013.
Continuing from the success of last year’s summit held on the 1-2 November 2012 at Marina Bay Sands Singapore, the 2nd CSA APAC CISO Summit 2013 will continue to be the cloud industry’s premier gathering for CSO/CISOs, IT security thought leaders, top executives and renowned academics. On top of offering a platform of cross-pollination of innovation, best practices, practical solutions for securing the cloud, the 2nd CSA APAC CISO Summit 2013 will focus on emerging areas of growth and concern in cloud and mobile security, including standardization, transparency of controls, mobile computing, Big Data in the cloud and innovation.
Because of a high standard peer-review process and thought leadership requirement, the CSA APAC CISO Summit 2013 is often viewed as a choice platform for the sharing of research and guidance reports from various CSA working groups in some of the most critical areas of cloud computing including mobile, big data and privacy. It is also used by the industry as a key platform for strategic announcements and establishment of partnerships.
The purpose of CSA APAC CISO Summit 2013 will be to continue with CSA’s mission to outreach the APAC region, for contributions towards to establishment of a global trusted eco-system, as well as to review, reflect and address security, governance and policy challenges related to the APAC region.
The CSA is seeking experts and leaders knowledgeable in cloud computing security in the APAC region, who have excellent communication skills. The CSA would like you to share your expertise at this event and join our ever-growing network of cloud leaders. We are looking for proposals from practitioners and compelling research innovations from industry and academic researchers in three themes:
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Mobile computing and cloud computing security
- Security of Big Data, Emerging Technologies and Trends
Possible Presentation topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Cloud Security Business Opportunities
- Mobile Security Business Opportunities
- Industry/ Vertical-specific (real world) APAC case studies
- APAC Government approaches and strategies to the Cloud
- Managing the transition to the APAC Cloud – options to enforce/manage
- Frameworks and Processes for Secure Cloud Applications
- APAC-ready Assurance models
- Practical solutions for implementing cloud security, across public IaaS, hybrid IaaS, and private IaaS
- Application security architectures for the Cloud
- Data privacy for the Cloud
- Data security for the Cloud
- Integration of existing security controls into private cloud environments
- Security models for evaluating cloud providers
- Cloud audit
- SLAs and contracts – what to expect, how to negotiate
- Mobile security and the Cloud
- Law Enforcement access to the Cloud
- Compliance/legal issues
- Legal & technical issues related to cloud forensics
- Identity Management in the Cloud
- Security of Big Data
- Malware detection in cloud computing
- Cryptography and encryption techniques for cloud computing
- Accountability in cloud computing
- Identity management in cloud computing
- Account and Domain management in cloud computing
- Security in virtualized environments
- Governance, regulation and compliance in cloud computing
- Data analytics for security in cloud computing
- Visualization for security in cloud computing
- Cloud computing threat detection techniques
- Trust in APAC cloud services
- Trust reputation systems for cloud computing
- Reports on critical, real-life security and trust use cases in APAC clouds
- Secure and trusted workflows in cloud computing
- Cloud data leakage and data loss
- Techniques preventing the nefarious use of cloud computing
All selected speakers will receive:
- A complementary speaker registration to the event in the prestigious Venetian Macau.
- Inclusion in the conference brochure and on the conference Web site
The CSA APAC CISO Summit 2013 is seeking to present real-world solutions to real-world problems. Session proposals would preferably offer delegates implementable or directional ideas and thinking. Others include case studies or processes of how organisations created strategy, solved business problems, implemented solutions, changed thinking or overcame barriers.
Proposals must be objective and vendor neutral. Proposals from CISOs or equivalent C-level executives will take precedence. No proposal from a vendor organization related to its product(s) will be considered. Proposals not following the submission guidelines will not be accepted. Proposals with a strong APAC focus will be preferred.
Please be sure that your submission includes the following:
- Title of your proposed session/s
- Presenter information: (Name, Title, Organization, Address, Phone, Fax and Email)
- Target audience for this session/s
- An executive summary of presentation (100-200 words) followed by 5 or 6 key bullet points highlighting what you will cover in your talk
- Relevant CSA speaking experience, or two references with contact details such as e-mail addresses if you have not spoken in a CSA event before
- Baseline technical knowledge required for session
- Special arrangements you will need (e.g. Internet connection, two screens, flip charts)
- A short biography (2 paragraphs)
- A updated bio photo of yourself
All submissions must be submitted in PDF format.
- 26 July 2013 – Deadline for Proposal Submission
- 29 July – 9 August – Peer Review by Programme Committee
- 12 – 16 August 2013 – Selected Speakers Notified
- 19-22 November – CSA APAC CISO Summit 2013 at The Venetian, Macau
All proposals must be submitted to the EasyChair system using this URL:
The proposals are peer-reviewed by esteemed members from the Programme Committee using the EasyChair system. If you have not used the EasyChair Conference System before, click “sign up for an account” for instructions on how to setup an EasyChair account. You will have to indicate your name, give a password and a valid e-mail address. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail. To continue, click the embedded link. Complete the sign-up process by filling out your account information and clicking ”create my account”.
You will then be shown a confirmation and be given a link returning you to the sign-in page
Peer Review Process:
The session proposals will be evaluated by a peer-review procedure in EasyChair. You will be required to upload your proposals by 26 July 2013, 23:59 hrs Hong Kong/ Macau Time (GMT+8). Proposals received after 26 July 2013 (Hong Kong/ Macau Time) will not be considered.
If your proposal is selected we will contact you by 16 August 2013. Due to the volume of submissions it is not possible for us to reply to every submission. We thank you in advance for your submission.
Please send all submission enquiries to Dr Ryan Ko, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
The CSA CISO APAC Summit 2013 is a great way to reach the buyers of cloud products. For sponsorship and marketing information, please contact Ms Stephanie Chan, at email@example.com