Cloud Security Alliance Opens Call for Presentations for EMEA Congress 2014
Rome, Italy – March 17, 2014 – The Cloud Security Alliance and MIS Training Institute have opened the call for papers for the 2014 EMEA Congress, to be held November 19-20th at the Parco dei Principi in Rome. CSA EMEA Congress is Europe’s premier cloud security event – an information-hub for end-users and industry players alike.
The congress’s unique mix of R&D, end-user and industry audience members, promises interesting discussions, networking and business opportunities throughout the event. Papers can be submitted online at http://www.cloudsecuritycongress.com/call-for-papers.html. The call for papers closes May 16th, and speakers will be notified by May 30th.
The following topics are of key interest:
- Security in governmental clouds and GovCloud Appstores
- Security in educational and R&D clouds
- Reporting about cloud security incidents (how to increase transparency without intimidating providers or customers)
- SLAs: Outsourcing the work, managing the risks
- Cloud provider incident response teams: Information sharing systems, early warnings, enabling cross-provider incident response, setting up a CERT, collaboration between National CERTs and providers, success stories, pitfalls etc…
- Cloud outages/breaches: Case Studies and (good/bad) experiences from providers and customers
- Educating cloud administrators: Who has the keys to the company’s cloud, awareness raising, basic hygiene, technological factors (two factors, two eyes, anomaly detection, limits, alarms etc…)
- Cloud usage in critical sectors: difficulties, advantages, case studies from the perspective of providers and customers
- Security of private/community clouds: Security pros and cons of ring-fencing or on-premise cloud (containers)
- Governmental and law enforcement access to data, surveillance
- Standards for cloud computing: setting and agreeing on standards and best practices for cloud security and interoperability, gaps etc…
- Governance, risk and compliance, cloud security assessments, auditing and certification
- New trends: Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, wearable computing
- European Cloud Computing Strategy, European cyber security strategy and national strategies
- Cloud computing and Privacy/Data Protection legislation
- Cryptography for the cloud: encryption gateways, homomorphic encryption, secure multi-party computations, limitations, transport encryption and virtual private SaaS
- Forensics in the cloud
- Accountability for Cloud Computing
- Identity and access management in the cloud
- Evolution of cloud security measures
- Continuous security monitoring
- Handling malicious cloud services: dark clouds
- Human factor: the importance of training and education for security, social engineering in the era of Internet-natives
- Cloud Security Architecture
- We are looking for examples of cutting-edge practice or research in or more of the areas above. Papers should clearly demonstrate transferable, practical learning for delegates to take away and implement in their workplace, and showcase new innovations and ideas.
- Proposals cutting across the above topics are also encouraged
- Proposals, presentations, panels, or sessions must be in English and should provide a learning opportunity for conference attendees
- In case a proposal is accepted the author (or one of the authors) must attend
- Proposals that focus on marketing or promoting a product or service will not be considered
- Proposals from marketing or PR professionals (external or internal) will not be considered
For general inquiries and speaking opportunities please contact Chris Clarke – [email protected] or +44 (0) 20 7779 8712
For sponsorship enquiries please contact Janikaa Yadev – [email protected] or +44 (0) 20 779 8170.
For media passes, please contact [email protected].
About the Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, visit us at https://cloudsecurityalliance.org, and follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.