Cloud Security Alliance Announces Keynote Presentations and Sessions for 4th Annual CSA Congress
Enterprise Leaders and Recognized Cloud Experts to Lead to Industry’s Premier Gathering for IT Security Professionals
Seattle, WA – June 26, 2013 – The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) today announced the first keynote presentations, conference sessions and workshops for the 4th annual CSA Congress 2013, scheduled to take place December 3-6, 2013 at the Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando, FL.
The keynote speaker line up will include some of the most prominent enterprise leaders and recognized cloud experts including:
- Teresa Carlson, Vice President, Worldwide Public Sector, Amazon Web Services on “Breaking the Iron Rectangle with Cloud: Better, Faster, Cheaper, more Secure”
- V.Jay LaRosa, Senior Director, Converged Security Architecture, Office of the CSO, Global Security Organization, Automatic Data Processing, Inc. on “Living in the Cloud (and I Bet You Don’t Even Know It!)”
- Chris C. Kemp, Founder and CEO, Nebula on “Beyond the Boundary: Rethinking Security in the Modern Cloud”
- Jacob West, Chief Technology Officer, Enterprise Security Products, HP on “Fighting Next-Generation Adversaries with Shared Threat Intelligence”
“With this year’s event, we wanted to build on the strong content, lively debates, and inspiring speakers that made our 2012 event such an overwhelming success,” said Jim Reavis, Executive Director of the CSA. “In doing so, we are working to identify the critical issues the cloud security industry and our members face and must understand today, and more importantly, tomorrow. This year’s keynotes clearly deliver on that mission, as we tap the most innovative, controversial and brilliant minds to share their vision at CSA Congress 2013.”
In addition to announcing the first round of keynote presentations, the CSA has also released the initial list of the session topics that will make up the more than 30 presentations and panel discussions at this year’s event, including:
- Is Critical Infrastructure Ready for the Cloud?
- Dealing with the Challenges and Risks of Corporate Data on Personal Devices Identity Management and the Cloud
- The Boundaries of Shared Responsibility in the Cloud
- Practical Solutions to How to Respond to Cloud Security Incidents
- Leverage the Cloud to Unleash the Full Value of Your Data
- The New Role of the Cloud in M&A-What CEO’s and CFO’s Need to Know
- Challenges to Cloud Computing: A Cloud Provider’s Viewpoint
- Log Management in the Cloud
- Managing Service Level Agreements with your Cloud Provider
- Purchasing Cloud Services: Anatomy of a Cloud Transaction
- Developing Secure Software for the Cloud
- Cloud Security: How Does Software Assurance Apply
- Big Data, Big Security Questions – Securing Petabytes of data
- Top 10 Challenges in Cryptography for Big Data
- Security for Software-Defined Storage
In addition to offering best practices and practical solutions for remaining secure in the cloud, this year’s CSA Congress will focus on emerging areas of growth and concern in cloud security, including standardization, transparency of controls, mobile computing, Big Data in the cloud and innovation.
The conference will also offer a Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) Foundation program providing attendees with a comprehensive one-day review of cloud security fundamentals in preparation for the Cloud Security Alliance CCSK exam.
A number of workshops will also be held pre- and post-conference which extend on select key themes and allow for additional instruction and hand-on training, including:
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge – Foundation
- CSA & American Bar Association: Incident Management, Forensics and Cloud Law
- CSA & British Standards Institution: Governance, Risk and Compliance in the Cloud with Cloud Controls Matrix, Consensus Assessments Initiative Questionnaire (CAIQ) and CSA Security, Trust and Assurance Registry (STAR)
- Securing Multiple Clouds with a Cloud Security Architecture
- Really Excellent Big Data Knowledge: Understanding Big Data, Securely Leveraging It While Protecting Yourself From It
Cloud Security Alliance Congresses continue to be the industry’s premier gathering for IT security professionals and executives who must further educate themselves on the rapidly evolving subject of cloud security. In addition to offering best practices and practical solutions for remaining secure in the cloud, this year’s fourth annual U.S. CSA Congress will focus on emerging areas of growth and concern in cloud security. Attendees will gain exposure to industry-specific case studies that will help them learn and leverage best practices used by their peers in moving to a secure cloud.
To register for this year’s event visit http://www.cloudsecuritycongress.com/us/index.
Members of the media and analyst community interested in attending the event should contact [email protected] for more information and to receive press credentials.
Clicktotweet: @TeresaCarlson, Chris @Kemp, V.Jay LaRosa, Jacob West to keynote #CSACongress
About Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, visit us at www.cloudsecurityalliance.org, and follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.
Kari Walker for the CSA