Late-Breaking Speakers and Sessions Complete the CSA Annual Congress Program
DC Veteran Experts and New Sessions on National Security, Incident Response and Information Sharing in the Cloud Complete the Program for the Industry’s Premier Gathering for IT Security Professionals
Seattle, WA – October 17, 2012 – The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) today announced the addition of late-breaking keynotes, sessions and research to the upcoming annual CSA Congress 2012 scheduled for November 7-8 in Orlando, FL. Veterans from the government space join the conference’s expert line up with topics on national security, incident response and information sharing also being added to give attendees real world cloud adoption lessons learned from government and industry alike.
Program Additions Include:
- Marcus Sachs, Vice President for National Security Policy at Verizon; Paul Kurtz, Board member, Cloud Security Alliance, Former special assistant to the President and senior director for critical infrastructure protection on the White House’s Homeland Security Council; Tom Kellermann, Vice President of Cybersecurity for Trend Micro, Commissioner on The Commission on Cyber Security for the 44th Presidency; and Donald A. Purdy, Jr., Chief Security Officer
of Huawei Technologies USA, to provide a roundtable keynote on Critical Infrastructure, National Security and the Cloud
- David Cullinane, former CISO, eBay and CEO Security Starfish, LLC Global, to keynote on Information Sharing and Incident Response in the Cloud
- Phil Dunkelberger, former CEO, PGP Corporation on The Future of Authentication
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) will present their cloud security architecture and future cloud computing roadmap
- A new Inside the Department of Homeland Security Continuous Monitoring Initiative session will examine this new program by the Department of Defense.
- Important sessions scheduled on CSA Mobile Security best practices, including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), Mobile Threats and Mobile Device Management (MDM)
“With the addition of leading experts from the government sector, we will be bringing together the most comprehensive program to date to help IT professionals understand and apply the right cloud approach for their organization and their customers,” said Jim Reavis, Executive Director of the CSA. “Armed with real world cloud adoption lessons from large enterprises along with our industry-leading research, they will take back some great intelligence on how to soundly and confidently apply all this information to their own cloud security initiatives.”
In addition to offering best practices and practical solutions for remaining secure in the cloud, this year’s third annual conference will focus on emerging areas of growth and concern in cloud security, including standardization, transparency of controls, mobile computing, Big Data in the cloud and innovation.
This year’s Congress will also feature the release of more than 20 research and guidance reports from various CSA working groups in some of the most critical areas of cloud computing including, mobile, big data and privacy. Groundbreaking mobile security research will be released that offers definitive guidance for enterprises coping with new mobile devices.
Cloud Security Alliance Congresses continue to be the industry’s premier gathering for IT security professionals and executives who must further educate themselves on the rapidly evolving subject of cloud security. In addition to offering best practices and practical solutions for remaining secure in the cloud, this year’s third annual U.S. CSA Congress will focus on emerging areas of growth and concern in cloud security. Attendees will gain exposure to industry-specific case studies that will help them learn and leverage best practices used by their peers in moving to a secure cloud.
To register for this year’s event visit www.euromoneysecure.com/orders/MISTI/default.asp?abc=123&LS=&ProductID=4985&page=71
To view the full Congress program visit http://www.misti.com/PDF/174/20920/CSA12%20Bro_S.pdf
Members of the media and analyst community interested in attending the event should contact [email protected] for more information and to receive press credentials.
About Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, visit us at www.cloudsecurityalliance.org, and follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.
Kari Walker for the CSA