CSA Official Press Release
Call For Speakers for Cloud Security Alliance Congress Asia Pacific
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is pleased to announce this call for speakers to present at the inaugural Cloud Security Alliance Congress Asia Pacific 2013, held in Singapore from 14th to 17th May 2013.The CSA Congresses continue to be the industry’s premier gathering for IT security professionals and executives who must further educate themselves on the rapidly evolving subject of cloud security. In addition to offering best practices and practical solutions for remaining secure in the cloud, CSA Congress will focus on emerging areas of growth and concern in cloud security, including standardization, transparency of controls, mobile computing, Big Data in the cloud and innovation. A unique selling point of the congress is that it is a choice of platform for the sharing of research and guidance reports from various CSA working groups in some of the most critical areas of cloud computing including, mobile, big data and privacy. It is also used by the industry as a key platform for strategic announcements and establishment of partnerships. Hence the purpose of CSA Congress APAC is to reach out to the APAC region, for contributions towards to establishment of a global trusted eco-system, as well as to review, reflect and address security, governance and policy challenges related to the APAC region. The CSA is seeking people knowledgeable in cloud computing in the APAC region, who have excellent communication skills. The CSA would like you to share your expertise at this event. We are looking for proposals from practitioners and compelling research innovations from industry and academic researchers.
Presentation topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Case Studies of clouds in APAC
- Industry/ Vertical-specific (real world) APAC case studies
- APAC Government approaches and strategies to the Cloud
- Managing the transition to the APAC Cloud – options to enforce/manage
- APAC-ready Assurance models
- Practical solutions for implementing cloud security, across public IaaS, hybrid IaaS, and private IaaS
- Application security architectures for the Cloud
- Data privacy for the Cloud
- Data security for the Cloud
- Integration of existing security controls into private cloud environments
- Security models for evaluating cloud providers
- Cloud audit
- SLAs and contracts – what to expect, how to negotiate
- Mobile security and the Cloud
- Law Enforcement access to the Cloud
- Compliance/legal issues
- Identity Management in the Cloud
- Big Data
- Malware detection in cloud computing
- Cryptography and encryption techniques for cloud computing
- Accountability in cloud computing
- Identity management in cloud computing
- Account and Domain management in cloud computing
- Security in virtualized environments
- Governance, regulation and compliance in cloud computing
- Data analytics for security in cloud computing
- Visualization for security in cloud computing
- Cloud computing threat detection techniques
- Trust in APAC cloud services
- Trust reputation systems for cloud computing
- Reports on critical, real-life security and trust use cases in APAC clouds
- Secure and trusted workflows in cloud computing
- Cloud data leakage and data loss
- Techniques preventing the nefarious use of cloud computing
All selected speakers will receive:
- A complementary speaker registration to the event
- Inclusion in the conference brochure and on the conference Web site
Submission requirements:The CSA Congress APAC is seeking to present real-world solutions to real-world problems. Session proposals would preferably offer delegates implementable or directional ideas and thinking. Showing, case studies or processes of how organisations created strategy, solved problems, implemented solutions, changed thinking or barriers overcame. Proposals must be objective and vendor neutral. No proposal from a vendor organization related to its product(s) will be considered. Proposals not following the submission guidelines will not be accepted. Proposals with a strong APAC focus will be preferred.
Please be sure that your submission includes the following:
- Title of your proposed session/s
- Presenter information: (Name, Title, Organization, Address, Phone, Fax and Email)
- Target audience for this session/s
- An executive summary of presentation (100-200 words) followed by 5 or 6 key bullet points highlighting what you will cover in your talk
- Relevant CSA speaking experience, or two references with contact details such as e-mail addresses if you have not spoken in a CSA event before
- Baseline technical knowledge required for session
- Special arrangements you will need (e.g. Internet connection, two screens, flip charts)
- A current resume or biography (max 2 pages)
Submission System:All proposals must be submitted to the EasyChair system using this URL: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=csaapaccongress2013 The session proposals will be evaluated by a peer-review procedure. You will be required to upload your proposals by 11 February 2013, 23:59 hrs Singapore Time (GMT+8). Proposals received after 11 February 2013 (Singapore Time) will not be considered. If your proposal is selected we will contact you by 1 March 2013. Due to the volume of submissions it is not possible for us to reply to every submission. We thank you in advance for your submission.
Enquiries:Please send all submission enquiries to the technical programme chair, Dr Ryan Ko, at [email protected] and conference enquiries to [email protected].
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunitiesThe Cloud Security Alliance Congress APAC is a great way to reach the buyers of cloud products. For information, please contact at [email protected].
To register, for updates and more information about the conference:http://csa-apac.org About Cloud Security Alliance The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, visit us at www.cloudsecurityalliance.org, and follow us on Twitter @cloudsa. Contact Kari Walker for the CSA ZAG Communications 703.928.9996 [email protected]
Share this content on your favorite social network today!
About Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.
For press inquiries, email Zenobia Godschalk of ZAG Communications or reach her by phone at 650.269.8315.