CSA Official Press Release
Cloud Security Alliance EMEA Congress 2019 to Host Career-Advancing Cloud Security and Privacy Training Opportunities
Attendees can take advantage of top-ranked courses on CCSK Foundation, GDPR Lead Auditor, and Cloud Governance and Compliance Training
Berlin, Germany – Sept. 12, 2019 – The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), the world’s leading organization dedicated to defining standards, certifications and best practices to help ensure a secure cloud computing environment, is pleased to offer three exclusive training opportunities at CSA EMEA Congress (Berlin, Nov. 18-21, 2019). Attendees interested in furthering their cloud and information security careers by becoming a GDPR lead auditor, deepening their understanding of CSA’s Cloud Control Matrix (CCM), or preparing to take the Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) exam can take advantage of some of the industry’s highest-rated training courses while attending the conference.
“It’s imperative that cloud security practitioners stay current on the latest threats and accordingly, the most sophisticated ways in which to guard against them,” said Daniele Catteddu, Chief Technology Officer, Cloud Security Alliance. “CSA’s training courses are among the industry’s best—in fact, CRN recently rated the CCSK as among the seven must-have cloud security certificates. This year’s CSA Congress EMEA affords those looking to advance their knowledge of cloud security with two excellent training opportunities, while those interested in qualifying to audit against the CSA PLA Code of Practice can take a deep dive.”
- CCSK Foundation Training (Nov. 18) (€870) This class provides students a comprehensive 1-day review of cloud security fundamentals and prepares them to take the CCSK exam. Starting with a detailed description of cloud computing, the course covers all major domains in CSA’s Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing v4.0 and the recommendations from the European Network and Information Security Agency. This class is geared toward security professionals but is also useful for anyone looking to expand their knowledge of cloud security. The class fee includes the cost of the exam voucher, a €357.26 (US$395) value.
- Cloud Governance & Compliance Training (Nov. 19) (€785) The Cloud Governance & Compliance (CGC) training is a 1-day course on tools and mechanisms for governance and compliance and has a specific focus on the CSA Cloud Control Matrix, CSA’s cloud security control framework. The CCM is specifically designed to provide fundamental security principles that guide cloud service vendors toward the most secure practices and to assist prospective cloud customers in assessing the overall security posture of cloud providers.
GDPR Lead Auditor Training Course (Nov. 18-19) (€2,000). This training is specifically designed to instruct and certify internal and third-party auditors on how to audit against the requirements of the CSA PLA Code of Practice, the CSA technical specification for GDPR compliance, and its related certification and code of conduct (CoC). Among the areas covered are:
- GDPR Fundamentals and CSA CoC: Objectives, Scope and Methodology
- CoC Controls 1-5: CSP declaration of compliance & accountability, CSP relevant contacts, ways in which data will be processed, recordkeeping and data transfer
- CoC Controls 6-10: data security, monitoring, personal data breach, data portability & migration, and restriction of processing
- CoC Controls 11-15: data retention/restitution/deletion, cooperation with the cloud customers, legally required disclosure, remedy for cloud customers and CSP insurance policy
- CoC Governance and Adherence Mechanisms.
Register now. CSA EMEA Congress 2019 registration rates are as follows: Standard €350 (Ends Nov. 1); late €500 (Nov. 2-21); student and government rate €50 (no expiration). A 6-percent processing fee will be applied at checkout. Members of the media and analyst community interested in attending the event should contact Kari Walker for more information, to receive press credentials and to schedule pre-event or onsite interviews with CSA leadership, working group chairs and conference speakers.
About Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.
For press inquiries, email Zenobia Godschalk of ZAG Communications or reach her by phone at 650.269.8315.