Who it's for:
- cloud security practitioners
- cybersecurity professionals
Sensitive Data in the Cloud
Release Date: 07/12/2022
Anjuna commissioned CSA to develop a survey to better understand the industry’s knowledge, attitudes, and opinions regarding sensitive data in the cloud. The survey was conducted online in April 2022 and received 452 responses from IT and security professionals from organizations of various sizes and locations. The key areas of interest included:
- Cloud use and data security issues
- Cloud data security challenges and priorities for the next year
- Approach to hosting sensitive data and workloads in the cloud
- Familiarity with cloud and data security technologies
Respondents were asked questions about how much of their workload is in the cloud, the effectiveness of their cloud provider’s security controls, their confidence in their organization’s ability to protect sensitive data in the cloud, their current use of cloud security technologies, and more. Read this report for the full analysis of their responses.
- The vast majority of organizations (89%) host sensitive data or workloads in the cloud.
- Most organizations report that their cloud provider’s security controls are highly effective (38%) or somewhat effective (51%).
- Organizations feel less confident in their own ability to protect sensitive data in the cloud, with most respondents feeling slightly (31%) or moderately (44%) confident.
- Over half of organizations plan to implement emerging solutions such as homomorphic encryption (59%) and confidential computing (55%) within the next 1-2 years.