Cloud Security Alliance Announces Keynotes For EMEA Congress 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland – June 10, 2013 - MIS Training Institute and the Cloud Security Alliance are pleased to announce the initial lineup of speakers, including esteemed keynotes, for this year’s EMEA Congress, to be held in Edinburgh, Scotland, on 25th – 26th September 2013.
The Congress this year will feature several high level keynotes, covering latest technological trends, the changes in the European and Global policy landscape, cross-border security and cybercrime response, and case studies from some of the world’s largest corporations.
The current lineup includes:
- A conversation between Mikko Hypponen and Jim Reavis on cloud trends
- A Data Protection Authorities panel discussion, with reps from the France, Italian, Slovenian and UK DPAs on the proposed new EU Privacy Regulation.
- A case study from Walmart, by Kevin Walker, Vice President and Assistant CISO
- An introduction to the new European Cyber Crime Centre (EC3) with Troels Oerting, Head, European Cyber Crime Centre (EC3)
- A one to one discussion between Ken Ducatel (EC) and Tim Grance (NIST) on EU – US cloud strategy.
- Andras Cser, Forrester and Stavros Isaiadis, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch to discuss cloud security visions and strategies.
- Fran Howarth, Practice Leader, Bloor Research
- ENISA’s Approach Securing EU’s Cloud Infrastructure with Dr Vangelis Ouzounis, Program Manager – CIIP and Resilience, ENISA
- A case study from News International by Amar Singh, Chief Information Security Officer
In addition, the lineup of speakers will include representatives from Facebook, Amazon, BNP Paribas, DHL, Canon, BSI and many others. The conference will provide three concurrent tracks, focused on technology, policy and legislation, and CSA Research Projects.
“The CSA EMEA Congress is the premiere destination to learn about security and privacy trends, strategies, risks and solutions for cloud computing, which is a growing part of our professional lives and responsibilities,” said Daniele Catteddu, managing director, EMEA for the Cloud Security Alliance. “This year’s conference is presenting both the critical public sector trends that professionals need to be aware of, as well as keynote case studies, by recognized industry leaders, who are innovating with how the cloud is managed and secured. The event promises to shed light on the best ways to take advantage of today’s changing landscape, and learn from the experiences of our peers.”
The Congress will bring together CISOs, Heads of Information Security, CIOs, CTOs and Security Architects where they will be discussing and sourcing solutions to the current and future threats to their business, and actively looking for answers from the industry. HP, Adobe, Microsoft, Terremark, Box, and Orange are already confirmed sponsors of the Congress, with the event posing a great platform on which to reach out to this high- level information security community. For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Kate Lafferty at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7779 8866.
Qualified media should contact Robert@zagcommunications.com for a complimentary CSA EMEA Congress press pass.
About the Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, visit us at https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/, and follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.