SIT Partners The Cloud Security Alliance In Landmark Agreement
1. The Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) to collaborate on education and research efforts in cloud security. The CSA is a not-for-profit organization that promotes best practices in providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and educates users on Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. This will be the CSA’s first university educational partner in Asia.
2. Through this partnership, SIT students reading the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) degree programme will have the opportunity to participate as volunteers in the CSA events in Asia Pacific, and will be given priority placements to work in the CSA both locally and overseas during the course of their studies. Partnership with the CSA will also allow SIT access to educational material provided by the CSA.
3. Leveraging the CSA’s network of industry partners, SIT also aims to collaborate with the CSA in applied R&D projects to push the frontier of research in security for cloud computing. This will provide the opportunity for SIT faculty and students to interact with leading cloud security companies in the region, and promote greater awareness of cloud security to the public.
4. Mr Aloysius Cheang, Managing Director APAC, the CSA said, “We look forward to our collaboration with SIT and their ICT programme students, the future workforce in cybersecurity and cloud computing. We look forward to the opportunity to develop innovative and valuable research and projects that well benefit today’s and tomorrow’s leading global companies.”
5. Professor Tan Thiam Soon, President, SIT, said, “We are very pleased to partner the Cloud Security Alliance, a heavyweight in the cloud computing industry, in providing more opportunities and resources to our students. With the support of the CSA in an applied learning environment, SIT students will receive hands-on and industry-relevant training to be top practitioners in the Information and Communications Technology field. I look forward to the many possibilities that this partnership will open up to our students by expanding their study and work experiences.”
About Singapore Institute of Technology
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s new autonomous university of applied learning. It aims to be a leader in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community.
SIT offers industry-focused degree programmes targeted at growth sectors of the economy. As a new university, SIT offers its own applied degree programmes with a unique pedagogy that integrates work and study. It also offers specialised degree programmes in partnership with world-class universities and the five local polytechnics.
To find out more about SIT, visit singaporetech.edu.sg.
About the Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, visit us at https://cloudsecurityalliance.org, and follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Ms Joyce Chen
Manager, Corporate Communications
Tel: 6592 1165/ 9784 2625
Email: [email protected]