Who it's for:
Cloud Solution Data Science COVID-19 Dashboard
Release Date: 05/27/2021
This brief case study article by CSA’s New Jersey Chapter outlines the steps taken to create a prototype data science dashboard for data points related to the global COVID-19 pandemic response. These data points include global infection cases, deaths, testing, and vaccine administration by country, state, and region. This document also outlines how the prototype was securely built using cloud solutions, which ultimately expedite the development of these valuable resources.
- How using cloud-enabled and open data makes knowledge on large-scale issues accessible and understandable
- How Power BI, an online software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering from Microsoft, was used to do transformation and data modeling and to create a relational dataset
- The challenges involved with using Power BI
- How cloud security provisions, such as anonymized data, were used in the dashboard
- What the setup of the COVID-19 cloud-enabled web portal looks like
CSA is a community driven organization. We would like to send you updates about our ongoing initiatives and opportunities to participate.
Provide feedback on this form