Who it's for:
- Cloud security practitioners
- Cybersecurity professionals
Data Loss Prevention and Data Security Survey Report
Release Date: 03/14/2023
As the traditional perimeter is reduced or eliminated with the move to remote and hybrid work, and as Zero Trust strategies gain popularity, data security in cloud computing has had to adapt and improve. Data loss prevention (DLP) solutions are often an integral part of these new data security strategies, but organizations are still struggling with the implementation of these solutions, especially for how complicated legacy DLP solutions are to manage and maintain.
Netskope commissioned CSA to develop this survey report to better understand the industry’s knowledge, attitudes, and opinions regarding DLP security in cloud-first technology environments. The survey was conducted in October and November of 2022 and received 2,673 responses from IT and security professionals. Topics covered in the survey included DLP strategies, Zero Trust and DLP, DLP pain points and challenges, and DLP strategies with remote workers.
- Cloud is the predominant means for transferring and sharing data. The most common way (46%) is cloud storage applications.
- Most organizations (72%) use 2+ DLP solutions.
- Organizations (29%) struggle to manage their complex DLP environments.
- Organizations are searching for solutions that simplify management. Organizations (31%) say that unified policies and single console solutions will help them with management difficulty and deployment complexity.