STAR Submission Guide
The STAR submission guide provides step by step instructions on how to submit to the registry for each level of STAR. Please read before you begin the submission process.
Select a Submission Path
Cloud Service Providers
Submit to CSA’s Security, Trust, Assurance, and Risk (STAR) Registry to verify your level of privacy and security on the cloud.
Level 2: for STAR Attestation, the assessed organization is responsible for completing the STAR Attestation Intake Form. For STAR Certification your certification body is responsible for submitting the STAR Certification Intake Form.
Continuous: you will need to complete the regular requirements for whichever level you decide to submit and ensure you choose the “Continuous Assessment” option in the “Type of Registry” section of the STAR Submission Form. Continuous Self-Assessments are required to be updated every 30 days or it will be downgraded to regular assessment status.
Auditors & Certification Bodies
Certification Bodies, we can accept certification submissions directly from you, on behalf of your client.
STAR Attestation Firms, fill out the STAR Attestation Intake Form and provide it to your audited cloud service provider. Your client will need this form to register their CSA STAR Attestation.
If you have completed your STAR Attestation engagement with your CPA firm, please contact [email protected] to request registration of your attestation report.
Attestation Pricing Information
- The STAR Attestation registration price is based on the ‘effective number of employees’ in the scope of registration. This maintains consistency with CSA STAR Certification.
- Registered companies receive a listing in the CSA STAR (Security, Trust and Assurance Registry).
- Registered companies are granted CSA STAR and CSA STAR Attestation logo usage rights for their own website and collatera.
- The certification and attestation fees are collected to fund the STAR Program.
|Effective Employees||Fee (Euro)|
|1 to 10||600|
|11 to 25||1200|
|26 to 75||2100|
|76 to 250||3600|
|251 to 700||6000|
|701 to 1500||8400|
|Effective Employees||Fee (USD)|
|1 to 10||$650|
|11 to 25||$1,300|
|26 to 75||$2,300|
|76 to 250||$4,050|
|251 to 700||$6,650|
|701 to 1500||$9,350|
- CSA will apply price reduction based on the World Bank classification.
- CSA will apply a 20% price reduction for CSA Corporate Members.
- The World Bank scale and CSA Members discount cannot be cumulated.