Who it's for:
- Cloud security practitioners
- Cybersecurity professionals
Cloud Native Application Protection Platform Survey Report
Release Date: 08/23/2023
Cloud Native Application Protection Platforms (CNAPPs) have emerged as a critical category of security tooling in recent years due to the complexity of comprehensively securing multi-cloud environments. CNAPPs consolidate the capabilities of many security tools, such as Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Cloud Workload Protection (CWP), Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management (CIEM), network security, and secure DevOps.
Microsoft commissioned CSA to develop a survey and report to better understand the industry’s knowledge, attitudes, and opinions regarding CNAPP security. The survey was conducted online in April 2023 and received 1201 responses from IT and security professionals. The report aims to provide insights into organizations’ cloud security priorities and challenges, reveal the current state of CNAPP deployment, and identify current methods for and challenges in security posture management, cloud workload protection, and DevSecOps.
- 3 out of 4 organizations use CNAPP to protect their multi-cloud environment.
- 32% of organizations are struggling with prioritizing security improvements due to the overwhelming and often incorrect information they receive from alerts.
- 51% of organizations are in the process of integrating security into their DevOps practices, with only 35% reporting complete integration.
- Network security, out of all the categories, was most mature, with 43% of organizations reporting full integration in a multi-cloud environment for network security, compared to just 28% for CSPM.
- Just under half (43%) of organizations identified misconfiguration of permissions as their top concern with cloud permissions in a multi-cloud environment.