CSA Official Press Release
CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) Recommendations on the use of Cloud Computing Services
- Clearly identify the type of data and type of processing that will be in the cloud
- Identify the security and legal requirements
- Conduct a risk analysis to identify the needed security measures
- Identify the type of cloud service that is adapted for the contemplated type of processing
- Choose a provider that provides sufficient guarantees
- Overview of CNIL Recommendation – Summary in English:
- Overview of CNIL Recommendation – Summary in French
- Compilation of the responses to the CNIL consultation on cloud computing (in French)
- Recommendation for companies wishing to use cloud services (in French)
About Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.
For press inquiries, email Zenobia Godschalk of ZAG Communications or reach her by phone at 650.269.8315.