With STAR you can grow your business as a leader in cloud-specific security and privacy assurance services. As a CSA STAR Auditing firm, you can build on existing auditing standards (SOC2, ISO/IEC 27001, GDPR) with a cloud specific overlay.
If you are a consulting firm, you can adopt CSA methodology and guide your customers in implementing a governance, risk and compliance program based on CSA security and privacy best practices. CSA STAR covers both operational security and privacy legal compliance. The STAR registry can help your customers improve their vendor management/procurement process.
If you would like to explore being part of our Global Consultancy Program (GPC) (Optional), and be recognized as an authorized source of professional services, please visit our GCP webpage.
Help your clients provide a higher level of assurance through the following independent third-party assessments.
STAR Certification: A technology-neutral certification leveraging the requirements of the ISO/IEC 27001 management system standard together with the CSA Cloud Controls Matrix. Find out how BSI leveraged the STAR Certification.
STAR Attestation: Based on type 1 or type 2 SOC attestations supplemented by the criteria in the Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM). Find out how Schellman & Co leveraged the STAR Attestation.
C-STAR: A third party independent assessment of the security of a cloud service provider for the Greater China market that harmonizes CSA best practices with Chinese national standards.
GDPR Code of Conduct Certification: The GDPR CoC Certification is a third-party certification assuring compliance of a CSP’s services to GDPR.
Benefits of becoming a STAR
Auditing Firm or Consultant
For auditing firms:
- Build on existing certification and attestation standards (SOC2, ISO/IEC 27001) with a cloud specific overlay based on CSA best practices.
- Remain current on cloud best practices, regulations and standards.
- Build the future of compliance based on the continuous auditing approach.
- Expand business by helping customers successfully navigate secure and privacy compliant cloud adoption.
- Extend offerings to include best practices that support trusted cloud environments.
- Collaborate with clients as they explore new business models to grow their business.