Introduction to the CloudWatch Project
CloudWatch will also draw on key issues, disseminate best practices on model contract terms, foster a multi-stakeholder dialogue and facilitate the emergence and use of standard contracts. Thus, raise awareness of the benefits of cloud computing to major stakeholder groups: enterprises, especially SMEs; governments and public authorities; research and education institutions.
- Drive awareness and adoption of cloud computing in Europe, supporting the European digital market. It provides independent and practical information, helping users in all sectors understand and evaluate the benefits of cloud computing.
- Build on its extensive partner networked community, broadening consensus on the most relevant standards for interoperable services and solutions, as well as fair and transparent certification schemes for cloud services.
- A sustainable platform, with an increasing focus on SMEs and services coming from European research and innovation investments. The service catalogue will promote new open-source, interoperable services developed by European initiatives, helping to transform the way they typically communicate their results.
CloudWatch is an EU FP7 project.
The CloudWatch project ran from October 2013 – September 2015.
For information about the CloudWatch Project partners, click here.
CloudWatch Project Deliverables
For information about CloudWatch project deliverables, click here.
Cloud Security Alliance Role in CloudWatch Project
- Develop a compliance service testbed based on realistic requirements gathered from CSA’s membership.
- Provide input to compliance requirements and controls via our Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) and through input from CSA’s membership.
- Provide input to certification specification and recommendation via CSA’s Open Certification Framework (OCF) and participation in the FP7 project CUMULUS.
- Contribute to dissemination via CSA’s global series of conferences and membership.
- Contribute to exploitation via CSA’s membership.
CloudWatch Project News
Tuesday, 21 March, 2017 - 10:00 The CloudLightning Project welcomes all to its first CloudLightning Conference, held in conjunction with the National Conference in Cloud Computing and Commerce (NC4). 11 April 2017 –DCU Business School, Dublin City University.
Friday, 10 March, 2017 - 17:45 CloudWATCH2 will have an active role on Cloud Security Expo 2017 by organising and supporting 3 workshops, on 15th March, at South Gallery Suite SG25, for SMEs, Public Authorities and R&D initiatives to strategically plan their use of cloud services, while increasing benefits, lowering...
Friday, 3 March, 2017 - 19:45 In order to exploit the full potential of cloud computing, it is essential to find international solutions, reducing the barriers that exist when cloud services are traded over national boundaries. The most critical areas relate to data privacy and security, cybercrime and data portability....
Tuesday, 21 February, 2017 - 12:00 In Q4 2016, the worldwide cloud infrastructure services market showed an annual growth of 49% according to a Canalys report.
Wednesday, 15 February, 2017 - 10:45 CloudWATCH2 project is pleased to announce a Virtual Interoperability Plugfest that will be held Friday, March 17, 2017.
Monday, 6 February, 2017 - 17:15 CyberWISER Light is part of the suite of tools offered via the CloudWATCH hub FREE of charge, designed to improve the cyber security posture of any business.
Wednesday, 1 February, 2017 - 12:45 The IT energy crisis is upon us. Information and communication technologies (ICT) account for 8-10% of the European Union’s electricity consumption and up to 4% of its carbon emissions! So what role can have cloud computing on the quest for greater energy efficiency, you...
Monday, 30 January, 2017 - 12:15 CLARUS is an EC project using an interoperability by design approach by investigating the use of open standards in the architecture design and in the implementation of the CLARUS components.
Thursday, 26 January, 2017 - 09:30 Submissions of papers are solicited for the Workshop on Security and Dependability of Multi-Domain Infrastructures that will take place on April 23, 2017, in Belgrade, Serbia, co-located with EuroSys 2017.
Tuesday, 24 January, 2017 - 09:45 The European Commission has organised an event "Improving the public procurement of digital solutions at the technical level" on technical procurement on the 24th of January 2017 in Brussels.