Introduction to the CloudWatch Project
CloudWatch will also draw on key issues, disseminate best practices on model contract terms, foster a multi-stakeholder dialogue and facilitate the emergence and use of standard contracts. Thus, raise awareness of the benefits of cloud computing to major stakeholder groups: enterprises, especially SMEs; governments and public authorities; research and education institutions.
- Drive awareness and adoption of cloud computing in Europe, supporting the European digital market. It provides independent and practical information, helping users in all sectors understand and evaluate the benefits of cloud computing.
- Build on its extensive partner networked community, broadening consensus on the most relevant standards for interoperable services and solutions, as well as fair and transparent certification schemes for cloud services.
- A sustainable platform, with an increasing focus on SMEs and services coming from European research and innovation investments. The service catalogue will promote new open-source, interoperable services developed by European initiatives, helping to transform the way they typically communicate their results.
CloudWatch is an EU FP7 project.
The CloudWatch project ran from October 2013 – September 2015.
For information about the CloudWatch Project partners, click here.
CloudWatch Project Deliverables
For information about CloudWatch project deliverables, click here.
Cloud Security Alliance Role in CloudWatch Project
- Develop a compliance service testbed based on realistic requirements gathered from CSA’s membership.
- Provide input to compliance requirements and controls via our Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) and through input from CSA’s membership.
- Provide input to certification specification and recommendation via CSA’s Open Certification Framework (OCF) and participation in the FP7 project CUMULUS.
- Contribute to dissemination via CSA’s global series of conferences and membership.
- Contribute to exploitation via CSA’s membership.
CloudWatch Project News
Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 13:15 First Call for Science Demonstrators for the EOSCpilot (European Open Science Cloud for Research pilot) project. Applications open until 30th April 2017.
Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 10:45 EUBrasilCLoudFORUM Marketplace in now online, a catalogue of relevant assets to support transatlantic collaboration between industry professionals, academia and policy makers across Europe and Brazil.
Wednesday, 12 April, 2017 - 10:00 Fraunhofer FIT announces the launch of CloudTeams Collaboration Platform Release 4.0 - Final Solution to helps software teams to deliver better software products for end users in cloud.
Monday, 10 April, 2017 - 09:15 Cloud Computing is definitely on the up these days. Despite the economic crisis, this sector has grown considerably in recent years, acting as a catalyst for economic growth and new business opportunities.
Friday, 7 April, 2017 - 09:30 CloudWATCH2 has developed a number of user-friendly, objective and free web-based tools for SMEs, gathered around the main problem areas such as Procurement, Legal, Security and Cost issues.
Secure and resilient cloud services for a trusted cloud market - CloudWATCH2 at Cloud Security Expo, London
Wednesday, 5 April, 2017 - 12:00 CloudWATCH2 played an important role at Cloud Security Expo London in March this year, highlighting the importance of greater trust and transparency in the cloud market and showcased new security- and privacy- by-design solutions emerging from EC-funded projects.
Tuesday, 21 March, 2017 - 10:00 The CloudLightning Project welcomes all to its first CloudLightning Conference, held in conjunction with the National Conference in Cloud Computing and Commerce (NC4). 11 April 2017 –DCU Business School, Dublin City University.
Friday, 10 March, 2017 - 17:45 CloudWATCH2 will have an active role on Cloud Security Expo 2017 by organising and supporting 3 workshops, on 15th March, at South Gallery Suite SG25, for SMEs, Public Authorities and R&D initiatives to strategically plan their use of cloud services, while increasing benefits, lowering...
Friday, 3 March, 2017 - 19:45 In order to exploit the full potential of cloud computing, it is essential to find international solutions, reducing the barriers that exist when cloud services are traded over national boundaries. The most critical areas relate to data privacy and security, cybercrime and data portability....
Tuesday, 21 February, 2017 - 12:00 In Q4 2016, the worldwide cloud infrastructure services market showed an annual growth of 49% according to a Canalys report.