Introduction to the CloudWatch Project
CloudWatch will also draw on key issues, disseminate best practices on model contract terms, foster a multi-stakeholder dialogue and facilitate the emergence and use of standard contracts. Thus, raise awareness of the benefits of cloud computing to major stakeholder groups: enterprises, especially SMEs; governments and public authorities; research and education institutions.
- Drive awareness and adoption of cloud computing in Europe, supporting the European digital market. It provides independent and practical information, helping users in all sectors understand and evaluate the benefits of cloud computing.
- Build on its extensive partner networked community, broadening consensus on the most relevant standards for interoperable services and solutions, as well as fair and transparent certification schemes for cloud services.
- A sustainable platform, with an increasing focus on SMEs and services coming from European research and innovation investments. The service catalogue will promote new open-source, interoperable services developed by European initiatives, helping to transform the way they typically communicate their results.
CloudWatch is an EU FP7 project.
The CloudWatch project ran from October 2013 – September 2015.
For information about the CloudWatch Project partners, click here.
CloudWatch Project Deliverables
For information about CloudWatch project deliverables, click here.
Cloud Security Alliance Role in CloudWatch Project
- Develop a compliance service testbed based on realistic requirements gathered from CSA’s membership.
- Provide input to compliance requirements and controls via our Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) and through input from CSA’s membership.
- Provide input to certification specification and recommendation via CSA’s Open Certification Framework (OCF) and participation in the FP7 project CUMULUS.
- Contribute to dissemination via CSA’s global series of conferences and membership.
- Contribute to exploitation via CSA’s membership.
CloudWatch Project News
Thursday, 18 May, 2017 - 13:00 SUPERCLOUD published a vision paper called “User-Centric Security and Dependability in the Clouds-of-Clouds”, presenting SUPERCLOUD architecture with a focus on its security infrastructure.
Thursday, 11 May, 2017 - 16:15 SUPERCLOUD will provide support to user-centric deployments across multi-clouds, enabling the composition of innovative trustworthy services, to uplift Europe’s innovation capacity and improve its competitiveness.
Discover the findings of the EU study of the impact of the Software and Software-Based Services (SSBS) Industry on European Competitiveness and Innovation
Thursday, 11 May, 2017 - 15:30 The European Commission have just published the Final Report analysing the impact of European software and the software-based SSBS industry on Europe’s growth and competitiveness.
Friday, 5 May, 2017 - 13:00 KaaS aims to integrate three critical technological fields (IoT, Big Data and Cloud Computing), to develop a new platform for knowledge generation that will be provided to users through applications that will run in a Multi-cloud environment.
Enabling Innovation, Research and Growth in ICT for the Digital Single Market – Register for the CloudWATCH Europe summit 20/09 Amsterdam
Thursday, 4 May, 2017 - 09:30 Registration now open for CloudWATCH Europe 2017 - Enabling Innovation, Research and Growth in ICT for the Digital Single Market that 20/09/2017, Amsterdam.
Monday, 24 April, 2017 - 11:45 The H2020 BlueBRIDGE project has just launched a Competitive Call for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) operating in the fisheries, marine, environmental, ecological and aquaculture.
ElasTest: a helpful solution for software developers and testers in running large complex distributed system
Monday, 24 April, 2017 - 10:45 The ElasTest project was raised to help software developers and testers (including personnel from quality assurance departments) enhance their current capabilities of running end-to-end tests on their large complex distributed systems.
Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 13:15 First Call for Science Demonstrators for the EOSCpilot (European Open Science Cloud for Research pilot) project. Applications open until 30th April 2017.
Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 10:45 EUBrasilCLoudFORUM Marketplace in now online, a catalogue of relevant assets to support transatlantic collaboration between industry professionals, academia and policy makers across Europe and Brazil.
Wednesday, 12 April, 2017 - 10:00 Fraunhofer FIT announces the launch of CloudTeams Collaboration Platform Release 4.0 - Final Solution to helps software teams to deliver better software products for end users in cloud.