Introduction to the CloudWatch Project
CloudWatch will also draw on key issues, disseminate best practices on model contract terms, foster a multi-stakeholder dialogue and facilitate the emergence and use of standard contracts. Thus, raise awareness of the benefits of cloud computing to major stakeholder groups: enterprises, especially SMEs; governments and public authorities; research and education institutions.
- Drive awareness and adoption of cloud computing in Europe, supporting the European digital market. It provides independent and practical information, helping users in all sectors understand and evaluate the benefits of cloud computing.
- Build on its extensive partner networked community, broadening consensus on the most relevant standards for interoperable services and solutions, as well as fair and transparent certification schemes for cloud services.
- A sustainable platform, with an increasing focus on SMEs and services coming from European research and innovation investments. The service catalogue will promote new open-source, interoperable services developed by European initiatives, helping to transform the way they typically communicate their results.
CloudWatch is an EU FP7 project.
The CloudWatch project ran from October 2013 – September 2015.
For information about the CloudWatch Project partners, click here.
CloudWatch Project Deliverables
For information about CloudWatch project deliverables, click here.
Cloud Security Alliance Role in CloudWatch Project
- Develop a compliance service testbed based on realistic requirements gathered from CSA’s membership.
- Provide input to compliance requirements and controls via our Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) and through input from CSA’s membership.
- Provide input to certification specification and recommendation via CSA’s Open Certification Framework (OCF) and participation in the FP7 project CUMULUS.
- Contribute to dissemination via CSA’s global series of conferences and membership.
- Contribute to exploitation via CSA’s membership.
CloudWatch Project News
Tuesday, 25 July, 2017 - 13:15 CloudWATCH Summit workshop it's a free of charge event that will held at TQ in Amsterdam on 20th September 2017.
Thursday, 29 June, 2017 - 18:30 This Concertation meeting is dynamic and engaging events co-located with the Net Futures Conference 2017.
Tuesday, 13 June, 2017 - 10:30 The CloudWATCH Cloud and Software Service Offer Catalogue provides EC-funded Research and Innovation projects the opportunity to showcase their results and objectives to a wide community of potential users.
From Europe to Brazil: CloudWATCH promotes EU tools & services to largest cloud market in Latin America
Tuesday, 13 June, 2017 - 10:00 CloudWATCH is organising a workshop at Cloudscape Brazil, an event organised by EUBrasilCloudFORUM project taking place on 5th July during Congress of Brazilian Computing Society (CSBC), in São Paulo (Brazil). The workshop “From Europe to Brazil: Free tools and services for easier cloud adoption”,...
Thursday, 1 June, 2017 - 17:00 CloudWATCH2 teams provided with a short article: «From Project To Product A New & Improved Approach to Technology & Market Readiness» which reviews all the salient aspects of the MRL / TRL approach that can be downloaded for free here.
Friday, 26 May, 2017 - 16:00 The cloud is inevitably the future home for data storage, but it doesn’t mean that those who entrust a third-party storage company to safely and competently house their data have nothing to worry about.
Thursday, 18 May, 2017 - 13:00 SUPERCLOUD published a vision paper called “User-Centric Security and Dependability in the Clouds-of-Clouds”, presenting SUPERCLOUD architecture with a focus on its security infrastructure.
Thursday, 11 May, 2017 - 16:15 SUPERCLOUD will provide support to user-centric deployments across multi-clouds, enabling the composition of innovative trustworthy services, to uplift Europe’s innovation capacity and improve its competitiveness.
Discover the findings of the EU study of the impact of the Software and Software-Based Services (SSBS) Industry on European Competitiveness and Innovation
Thursday, 11 May, 2017 - 15:30 The European Commission have just published the Final Report analysing the impact of European software and the software-based SSBS industry on Europe’s growth and competitiveness.
Friday, 5 May, 2017 - 13:00 KaaS aims to integrate three critical technological fields (IoT, Big Data and Cloud Computing), to develop a new platform for knowledge generation that will be provided to users through applications that will run in a Multi-cloud environment.