Introduction to the TAKEDOWN Project
TakeDown is an EU-project for developing effective and efficient security solutions against organised crime and terrorist networks.
Organized Crime and Terrorist Networks (OC/TN) are a major challenge for the EU. Many different stakeholder groups are involved in creating awareness, preventing, identifying and intervene in case of risk or threat. But in order to develop better strategies and instruments, we still need a deeper understanding of these phenomena.
The project will create new insights on OC and TN by using a multidimensional modelling approach including social, psychological, economic and cultural aspects as well as further dimensions, activities and response approaches.
Based on these insights, an Open Information Hub will be developed for practitioners and the public. A Solutions Platform will aim at increasing the cooperation between law enforcement agencies and the security solution developers.
With this multi-level approach, TAKEDOWN will not only enhance the knowledge an OC and TN, but it will also develop digital and non-digital toolkits or solutions for more efficient and effective prevention, intervention and response strategies.
Takedown is an EU H2020 project.
The TAKEDOWN project will run from January 2017 – December 2019.
TAKEDOWN Project Objectives
- ANALYSE the body of scientific knowledge on organized crime and terrorist networks.
- UNDERSTAND the social, psychological and economic aspects of OC and TN.
- PROVIDE dynamic and multidimensional models as a basis for developing digital and non-digital solutions.
- CREATE toolkits for first line practitioners, law enforcement and policy makers.
- BUILD an intuitive Open Information Hub for practitioners and the public.
- DEVELOP a digital Solutions Platform including selected third party content.