Software-Defined Perimeter as a DDoS Prevention Mechanism
Release Date: 10/27/2019
Working Group: SDP and Zero Trust
- An explanation of DDoS attack vectors and their layers and logical protocols according to the OSI and TCP/IP models
- An overview of non-SDP mitigation methods
- The steps for setting up an SDP configured as a DDoS defense mechanism
- An explanation of three well-known attacks and how to use SDP to defend against them: HTTP Flood, TCP SYN Flood, UDP Reflection
- A list of DDoS and other attack monitoring maps
- People in security, enterprise architecture, and compliance roles within enterprises
- Solution providers, service providers, and technology vendors
Risk, Audit, Control and Compliance Professional
Since 2012 Michael has contributed to over 85 CSA projects completed by CSA's Internet of Things, Zero Trust/Software-Defined Perimeter, Top Threats, Cloud Control Matrix, Containers/Microservices, DevSecOps, and other working groups. He has also served as co-chair of CSA's Enterprise Architecture, Top Threats, and Security-as-a-Service working groups while also serving as the Standards Liaison Officer for IoT, ICS, EA, SECaaS, and Cloud Key M...
Senior Research Analyst, CSA
This person does not have a biography listed with CSA.
Founder & CEO of Waverley Labs
Juanita Koilpillai is Founder and CEO of Waverley Labs, a pioneer in software defined perimeters (SDP) and digital risk reduction solutions. She has 30 years’ experience researching and developing systems in computer security, network management and real-time distributed software. She leads the open source software-defined perimeter (SDP) effort for ‘black’ apps in the cloud with the Cloud Security Alliance and is an active contributor to N...
CEO of Trac-Car and Verviam IDaaS
Nya is a key contributor to the Zero Trust working group and author of several position papers published by CSA’s Software-Defined Perimeter working group. She is the CEO of Trac-Car and Verviam IDaaS and a senior information and communications technology (ICT) cloud cyber security and identity management consulting architect. Nya cons...
Chief Product Officer of Appgate, Inc.
Jason Garbis is Chief Product Officer for Appgate, responsible for the company’s security product strategy and product management, and co-chair of the SDP Zero Trust Working Group at the Cloud Security Alliance, where he helps lead research and publication initiatives. He has over 30 years of product management, engineering and consulting experience at security and technology firms, including RSA, where he focused on identity management and...