Streamlining Vendor IT Security and Risk Assessments
Release Date: 12/09/2018
Working Group: Open Certification Framework
In this paper, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and the National Technology Security Coalition (NTSC) advocate for a new approach to how organizations manage risks, achieve assurance, and enable trust in the cloud. We encourage all stakeholders to increase their level of collaboration while utilizing existing standards and open tools. Through this document, we make it clear that the future of cybersecurity, the future of cloud security, and the resilience of our economy, is largely in the hands of the consumers of cloud services.
- How new technologies are significantly changing the cloud
- The ways in which the cloud is shifting information security best practices
- The state of IT regulatory environments related to cloud computing
- The unique challenges that cloud computing poses to vendor management
- The CSA resources you can use to create consistency, greater accountability, and security within the cloud ecosystem, such as the STAR Program, CCM, and CAIQCloud provider vetting best practices
- Tips for rolling out cloud provider vetting programs and improving existing programs
- Advanced program tools and insights that can help you get more out of your cloud provider vetting and assessments, such as our STAR cloud assurance certification
CSA is a community driven organization. We would like to send you updates about our ongoing initiatives and opportunities to participate.
Provide feedback on this form