Who it's for:
The Use of Blockchain in Healthcare
Release Date: 07/15/2021
Working Group: Health Information Management
This research paper by the Health Information Management Working Group investigates current blockchain use cases in the medical field and the impact they may have. It begins with a description of blockchain technology and then discusses the benefits of using blockchain in healthcare, such as increasing the security of telehealth systems. After the presentation of several case studies, this document concludes with a discussion on the ways blockchain technology could be used in healthcare in the future.
- What distributed ledger technologies, blockchain, and smart contracts are
- How blockchain helps with medical research projects
- How blockchain increases the traceability of the medical supply chain
- How blockchain can transform billing processing, medical coding, facility and energy management, and telehealth
- How blockchain can provide increased control and access for the individual patient
- What the security issues of blockchain are, and how to address them
CSA is a community driven organization. We would like to send you updates about our ongoing initiatives and opportunities to participate.
Provide feedback on this form